Advanced Acoustic Emission (AE) Inspection
ON-LINE or Off-Line
SENTRO TECHNOLOGIES USA, LLC specializes in Acoustic Emission Inspection and Testing, which can be performed ON-LINE during normal operating conditions.
Acoustic Emission (AE) is a phenomenon of sound and ultrasound wave radiation in materials that undergo deformation or fracture processes.
Cracking, plastic deformation development, fracture and de-bonding of hard inclusions are examples of macroscopic sources of AE in metals.
Friction and impacts are examples of mechanical AE sources.
Detection of corrosion products by AE method
- Piping – metal, concrete, plastics – all sizes, above ground or under ground
- Heat exchangers
- Storage tanks, including hazardous material
- Pressure vessels, including towers and reactors
- Isolated equipment
- FRP (Fiberglass) equipment (vessels, pipes)
- Glass lined equipment
Absolute identification of flaws and defects – size and location:
Detection of micro-cracks by AE method
Our AE testing method is approved by:
- ASTM – American Society for Testing and Materials
- ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- European Committee for Standardization
- International Organization for Standardization
- Japanese Institute for Standardization
- Japanese Society for Nondestructive Inspection
Example of AE signals
ON-LINE AE Testing of a storage tank
Results – corrosion rate of storage tank bottom plates
AE Inspection of underground pipeline
AE Inspection of above-ground pipeline
AE Inspection of FRP pipeline
AE Inspection of FRP pressure vessel
SENTRO AE high frequency sensors and amplifier
AE Inspection of a Reactor, total of 36 sensors installed
SENTRO AE Engineers in action