“On-The-Run” Dry Chemical Cleaning
SENTRO TECHNOLOGIES USA, LLC specializes in furnaces and heaters dry chemical cleaning during normal operating conditions.
There is no need to shut down the equipment, production continues normally.
Cleaning process applied on external tube surface of both radiant and convection tubes (fire side).
We also dry-clean air pre-heating system, economizer, and other types of process equipment.
A Process of Chemistry & Physics
Cleaning is done by combination of mechanical effect and chemical effect – simultaneously.
The mechanical effect is non-aggressive abrasion over the tube surface, without damaging the surface, fins, or refractory.
The chemical effect is a neutralization reaction between alkaline SENTROMAX chemicals and the acidic scale, hot spots (usually sulfuric) and fouling deposits.
This innovative dry cleaning process is safe, environmental-friendly and cost effective.
VIDEO – SENTRO On-Line Dry Chemical Cleaning – Radiant Section
VIDEO – SENTRO On-Line Dry Chemical Cleaning – Convection Section
We anticipate that the SENTROMAX On-Line Dry Chemical Cleaning of process furnaces, heaters, and boilers will deliver the following benefits and results:
- Cleaning is performed On-Line during normal operating conditions of the unit, there is no need to shut it down.
- Removal of scale and fouling from external tube surface, Radiant and Convection tubes, thereby increasing thermal efficiency (heat transfer). As a result, reducing operating energy consumption and increasing production rate.
- No Scaffolding required.
- No water, no water-treatment.
- No dry-Ice (no thermal shock to tubes, especially to cast iron tube-supports)
- No foam or soap (no caustic stress corrosion cracking)
- No clean-up or disposal requirements
- No harmful chemicals (no negative environmental impact)
- No damage to tubes, fins, refractory, instrumentation.
- No confined space entry
- Immediate increase of furnace or boiler thermal efficiency
- Immediate increase of throughput / production
- Energy saving by reduced fuel consumption
- Reduced emission / pollution
- Reduce temperature profile of the furnace or boiler (cell, bridge wall, stack)
- Pre-shut down activity – saves time and costs
- Saves maintenance activities (such as: scaffolding, sand blasting, water blasting etc..)
TOTAL THERMAL EFFICIENCY of the furnace can be increased by 4-12%
Our On-Line Cleaning Process is SAFE and Environmental Friendly:
- Developed over years of R&D and field experience
- Chemicals are Non-toxic, Non-hazardous, Non-corrosive, Non-poisonous, Non-flammable, Non-explosive, Non-transport regulated
- No damage to metallurgy, refractory, and instrumentation
- Chemicals completely decompound in high temperature
- Chemicals are compatible with all types of furnace or boiler metallurgy
Fouled Radiant tubes
On-Line dry chemical cleaning in action – Radiant section
On-Line dry chemical cleaning in action – Convection section
Radiant tubes cleaning process:
note clean areas Vs. dirty areas
Radiant tubes BEFORE cleaning Radiant tubes AFTER cleaning
Convection tubes cleaning process:
note clean tubes (bottom bundle) Vs. dirty tubes (upper bundle)
Convection section existing openings/windows:
Convection section openings (flanges) made specifically for SENTRO cleaning:
Furnace On-Line Dry Chemical Cleaning (night shift):
note the light plume of white smoke, that appears like steam
SENTROMAX dry chemicals are non-hazmat, non-toxic, not regulated for transport
SENTRO setup near the furnace: Equipment, Chemicals, Air Compressor and Hoses – our footprint is small.