Chemical Decontamination of Process Units
SENTRO Vapor-Phase Chemical Decontamination
- Chemical injected into steam.
- Minimal changes in operational steam-out procedures.
- Continuous injection of fresh chemicals.
- Continuous monitoring of hydrocarbon / LEL / H2S / Benzene levels.
- De-oiling, degassing & Sulfide oxidation (no Pyrophorics).
- Applicable for Heavy Oil Units such as Atmospheric, Vacuum, Visbreaker, Desalter, etc.
- Applicable for a combination of furnace + tower bottom + overhead system (coolers, accumulator) + pump around / sidecuts, etc.
- Minimizes Down Time
- Reduces Steam Out Duration.
- Reduces Maintenance Activity Before and After Decontamination Process.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Extremely Low Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) Waste.
- Does not make Stable Emulsions.
- Minimizes the amount of waste generated.
- Penetration and softening of heavy residuals and asphaltenes.
- Assures chemical contact and reduces the possibility of channeling.
- Will suspend Coke scale and particulates.
- Results are equal to a cascade or full circulation but with less effluent volume.
- Fewer mechanical connections and less maintenance time.
Set-up is simple, fast, and economical:
- Includes barrels, barrel pumps, ½” flexible hoses, and ¾” or 1” injection connections.
- (unlike liquid circulation –this application does not involve a tank, chemical blending, centrifugal pumps, heavy flexible hoses, temporary connections, large effluent volume to be treated, and more..)
SENTRO Liquid-Phase Chemical Decontamination
- The process is safe and effective
- Removes heavy oil deposits, organic scale, coke, and polymers
- Non-hazardous and non-corrosive chemicals, in water-based chemical solution
- Compatible with the unit’s metallurgy
- Effluent is biodegradable and non-transport-regulated
- Inline 10 um filtration to capture solid particles
- Chemical solution can be heated by steam or by an external heat source
- Optional low-temperature circulation for limited-temperature applications
- Optional for a solvent-base non-aqueous chemical cleaning in specific applications
- Optional two-way circulation: direction of the circulation can either be against the process flow or with the process flow
- Environmentally Friendly
- Low Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) Waste
- Does not make Stable Emulsions
- Penetration and softening of heavy residuals and asphaltenes
- Assures chemical contact and reduces the possibility of channeling
- Will suspend and remove coke scale and particulates
Optional: Boilout chemical decontamination for vessels
- The vessel is flooded and filled with chemicals and water
- Steam or an external heat source is added to heat the solution and agitate sludge or solids
- Covers all sludge layers and assures chemical contact
- Immediately reduces odor concerns
- Great application for storage vessels, overhead receivers and fuel gas KO drums
- Works well in vessels that have limited Tie-in locations or steam connections
- Allows fewer temperature restrictions
Pre-flush and Post-flash advantages
- Pre Flushing
- Helps reduce surface tension and remove free solids
- Penetration and softening of Atmospheric Residue
- Assures chemical contact of solids in packed sections and dead spots
- Post Flushing
- Assures chemical saturation and neutralization of pyrophoric in large packed sections
- Helps to carry out free solids
- Will rinse out residual chemicals and reduce the odor
- Oxidized rinse water helps with effluent disposal